Your job will be multi-disciplinary (just like technology) with a dominant of mechanics, acoustics and analog electronics. Indeed, you will be in charge of the mechanical design and realization of the demonstrators/prototypes developed internally or in partnership with our clients. A part of the job is also to perform electro-mechanical design and/or characterization in order to acquire a good overview of the system. You will be involved in both industrial (product oriented) and R&D developments with the following activities:
- Realizing the assembly of demonstrators or prototypes for clients. This includes:
- 3D design,
- realization of the parts,
- assembly of the demonstrators.
- Developing the company’s expertise in bondings (polymerization procedure, chemistry of the glues, assembly process, etc.).
- Performing acoustic and electrical characterizations of demonstrators/prototypes with dedicated equipments (impedance meter, laser vibrometer, etc.).
- Analyzing the data from the measurements to feed the measurement reports presented to the leading expert.
You have a Master degree in Mechatronics, Robotics or Mechanical Engineering (from University or Engineering School) with a specialization in Acoustics or Materials Science and have (ideally but not mandatory) a first experience in a company or in a design office.
- Advanced training (or work experience) in at least one of the following areas:
- Materials science.
- Proficient in one CAD program (Solidworks, etc.)
- 3D printing
- Knowledge of laboratory instrumentation (oscilloscopes, power sources, arbitrary waveform generator, etc.)
- Basic knowledge in electronics
- Fluent in English
- Very good physics acumen
Skills that would be a plus:
- Programming (Python and Labview especially)
- Collaborative and open-minded
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically and “out-of-the-box”, to provide innovative perspectives and drive your ideas.
- Will to progress and acquire new competences.
Your technical expertise combined with your rigor, your dynamism and your team spirit will be essential assets to succeed in this position.
Eager to participate in a company where innovation is the motto, our structure will provide you with an environment where you can develop your skills and open up new horizons by working with high-level experts in various complementary fields.
hap2U (https://www.hap2u.net/) designs and develops patented technology to enhance experiences in the digital world by integrating the sense of touch into tactile devices. Founded in 2015, hap2U has built on several years of research and development. After 6 years, it is several dozen patents related to ultrasonic haptic devices that have been awarded to this company. The team, based in Grenoble (France), brings complementary expertise in haptics, acoustics, materials science, systems engineering, electronics, software development and user experience to enable users to really feel what is on their screens.
The ambition of our company is to democratize access to tactile interfaces by pushing the notion of user experience to another level. In the future, we aim to add ultrasonic haptics to most of our everyday HMIs.
Please send your application to: email@example.com.