Doctor in Acoustics
You will work under the responsibility of the technical director. As an acoustic expert, you will have to develop new features based on your own skills and knowledge and in collaboration with the technical director. You will also participate in customer projects with large companies, mainly in the automotive industry. As an expert you will be autonomous in conducting laboratory experiments and modelling complex systems.
Your scope of activities will be articulated between R&D and customer projects. In particular you will be in charge of:
- Conduction of R&D projects
- Active participation in the reinforcement of intellectual property (filing of patents)
- Development of electro-mechanical models
- Acoustic design of haptic interfaces,
- Technology watch and scientific activities
You will be required to report regularly internally and to the client as appropriate.
You have a PhD in acoustics completed with several years of postdoctoral work and/or a successful experience in the industry.
- Advanced signal processing (matrix manipulation, short-term Fourier transform, wavelet decomposition, etc.),
- Plate waves in multi-layered structures,
- Being familiar with all the laboratory equipments (oscilloscopes, DAQ, waveform generators, etc.)
- Programming skills: Matlab and Python and Labview,
- Mastery of a Finite Element software such as COMSOL, Ansys or Abaqus,
- Fluent in English.
Skills that would be a plus:
- Knowledge in bio-physics
- Piezoelectric materials
- Audible acoustics
- Collaborative and open-minded
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically and “out-of-the-box”, to provide innovative perspectives and drive your ideas.
Your technical expertise combined with your rigor, your dynamism and your team spirit will be essential assets to succeed in this position.
Eager to participate in a company where innovation is the motto, our structure will provide you with an environment where you can develop your skills and open up new horizons by working with high-level experts in various complementary fields.
hap2U (https://www.hap2u.net/) designs and develops patented technology to enhance experiences in the digital world by integrating the sense of touch into tactile devices. Founded in 2015, hap2U has built on several years of research and development. After 6 years, it is several dozen patents related to ultrasonic haptic devices that have been awarded to this company. The team, based in Grenoble (France), brings complementary expertise in haptics, acoustics, materials science, systems engineering, electronics, software development and user experience to enable users to really feel what is on their screens.
The ambition of our company is to democratize access to tactile interfaces by pushing the notion of user experience to another level. In the future, we aim to add ultrasonic haptics to most of our everyday HMIs.
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.